Advanced Placement 2D Art & Design Portfolio Prep
The new AP 2D Art & Design Portfolio Prep Workshop is for high school students that have registered at their school to take the AP 2D Art & Design course.
It is designed as an intensive investigation and planning of the Sustained Investigation section and also focus on the required written responses for each work.
What exactly is the Online Studio Arts AP 2D Art & Design Summer Workshop designed to do?
The workshop will guide high school art students through the requirements that the College Board expects for the portfolio exam.
The entire Advanced Placement course is new for the 2019-20 school year and the art teachers/professional artists will steer students through the research and development of their desired investigation throughout the lessons.
Students will have an advantage over their classmates at school, having already laid a solid foundation for the rigorous course of study that will then be applied during their school year to produce college level visual compositions.
Included in the Summer AP 2D Art & Design Portfolio Prep Workshop:
- Art Assignments that work towards illustrating the range of ideas possible and inspire a deeper level of thinking
- Sketchbook Assignments to develop and formulate your vision
- Downloadable Worksheets and Research Guides to help develop your AP Sustained Investigation concepts
- Art Resources: scholarship opportunities, internship opportunities, upcoming portfolio days throughout the country, student art contests, important museum and gallery exhibits, art related community service opportunities, art supply resources and info.
- Community Support: access to the Online Studio Arts private community where you can interact with other students in the course, get feedback and support and present and discuss your art.
- Art History Connections-we connect project and sketchbook assignments to art history movements and individual artists to help you round out your art education.
- The option of selecting an upgrade to the workshop which includes a private consultation with the teachers.
Who are the teachers?
The highly qualified art teachers, Eileen Baumeister McIntyre and Patti Kern, are also professional fine artists and have a combined 48 years of experience teaching art. They know the secrets to scoring high on the portfolio exam and have successfully guided their students through the process many times.
How long is the workshop?
The Online Studio Arts AP 2D Art & Design Prep Workshop is program that is completely online. This workshop is designed to be completed at your leisure prior to taking the AP course at your school. A perfect preparation for you to lay the foundation for the artworks that you will create in your school AP Studio class.
We know that you will be well prepared for your upcoming school Advanced Placement coursework once you complete this Summer workshop!