Online Studio Arts Frequently Asked Questions
How exactly does the Online Art Portfolio Prep work?
- After you enroll in the program, the Online Art Portfolio Prep teachers will contact you via email and give you login credentials for the course and Inner Circle.
- You will have the opportunity to upload some of your current artwork to so the teachers can comment and give feedback to you.
- You will be sent weekly art and sketchbook assignments that the teachers have created to guide you through the process of concept and execution of the artworks. The assignments will guide you specifically through the process of developing and creating your high quality college art portfolio.
- The art lessons are very thought provoking and will allow you to find your own personal artistic voice and style throughout the intensive program. You will complete 12-20 pieces of artwork and have communication with the teachers throughout the 8 week session as well as a private online consultation.
- You are expected to take digital photos of your completed art assignments, and the works in progress, and upload them to our private Inner Circle.
- You will receive feedback and support from the teachers during the critiques. Comments about what is working and what is not working in your pieces and recommendations on how to change and develop your work for your own artistic growth.
- You can register here if this sounds exactly what you've been looking for!
Online Art Portfolio Prep
Do you guarantee that I will get accepted to an art college?
While we can not guarantee that you will be accepted into an art college, we can guarantee that your artwork will improve, the way you think about art will be enriched and you will grow and expand as an artist. Our goal is to support you and help you find your artistic voice. If you are committed to doing the work and are open to constructive criticism, then you will find success as have many of our students.
What happens if I can’t keep up with the projects?
We understand that sometimes life gets in the way and you may be unable to complete the weekly art assignments that we provide. If you find yourself in that situation, we encourage you to show us your unfinished work in progress and/or discuss your concept and vision for what you are going to create. This way you will keep progressing forward and not create a barrier to your creativity and feel left behind. We want you to be an active part of the critiques because you learn from each other and will pick up information and ideas from our community of artists even if your work is not completed.
Can I ask the teachers a question?
Absolutely! That is what we are here for. We will be available to answer any questions you have regarding the Online Art Portfolio Prep projects and sketchbook assignments. You will be able to ask your questions in our private Inner Circle so we can answer them and help other students that may have the same question. The art teachers are Eileen Baumeister McIntyre and Patti Kern and they have a combined 48 years experience in the classroom as well as being professional fine artists.
Will other students be able to see my artwork?
Yes! Students in our Online Art Portfolio Prep are expected to upload digital images of their artwork onto our private Inner Circle so we are able to discuss them and offer suggestions and ideas for how to improve the work and/or expand upon the work. We understand that individual students are at various levels of technical ability and do not want anyone to feel intimidated. Your vision and artistic voice are far more important than technical ability. Our community of art students is an extremely supportive one and we are sure that everyone will feel welcome.
I am just beginning to start my art portfolio, should I take this course?
The earlier that you start your portfolio the better!
- Online Art Portfolio Prep is intended as an intensive immersion in developing and enhancing art portfolios for juniors and seniors. Freshman and sophomores are more than welcome to join as well if an accelerated and concentrated art experience is desired. This is an 8 week program with individualized online student/teacher interactions.
Can I take the course again?
Art students can take our Online Art Portfolio Prep again. The intensive course runs every 8 weeks. We offer discounts for students taking it multiple times.
Are there any other exhibition opportunities for my artwork?
The Online Art Portfolio Prep art teachers will provide information about upcoming student art exhibition opportunities. Being accepted to and exhibiting in various art competitions is a great way to enhance your art resume before applying to colleges.
Do you have any other classes that I can take?
Yes! We are in the process of creating additional online courses and will keep you updated on upcoming launch dates.
Please contact [email protected] if you have any additional questions.